FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you’re asking yourself this question, it’s probably time for a new roof. Here are some reasons why you should repair or replace your roofing:
1. Leaks: One of the most obvious signs that it’s time for a new roof is when you have leaks. If water is coming into your home through the roof, it’s time to call in the pros. Not only does this damage your home, but it can also cause mold which can lead to allergies, asthma, and other serious health problems.
2. Cracked or curling shingles: If you’re seeing cracks in your shingles or if your shingles are curling up at the edges, it’s time to replace them. If water gets into those cracks and curling shingles, it can lead to leaks as mentioned above.
3. Rust or sagging gutters: If you notice rust on your roof or your gutters sag, that usually means that the fasteners attaching the gutter to the roof have loosened or completely come out. This is a sign that your roof needs repairs and you could end up with major leaks if it’s not fixed soon.
4. Blisters on your asphalt shingles: If you notice blisters on your asphalt shingles, this is most likely caused by trapped water or ice under them from non-vented roof assemblies. This trapped water or ice will eventually turn into a blister that can lift shingles up and cause leaks which could lead to damage in your attic.
5. Cloudy, bubbly areas on your asphalt shingles: Some asphalt shingle manufacturers have stated that bubbling, sticky, whitish marks may be the result of an organic material used in the manufacturing process. While this is not a sign that you need to replace your roof, it is a sign that you should contact the manufacturer and find out more about it.
If you’re noticing any of these signs, it’s time to call in a professional roofer to take a look and give you an estimate on repairs or a new roof. It’s always better to be safe than sorry and the sooner you address these problems, the less damage they can do to your home.
It is important to know how much it will cost to replace your roof before you begin the replacement process. The cost of a roof replacement can vary depending on the size and type of roof, as well as the materials used.
If you are interested in getting an estimate for your roof replacement, contact a roofing contractor in your area. They will be able to visit your home and give you an accurate estimate for the replacement.
In some cases, you may be able to get a government rebate for your roof replacement. Be sure to ask your contractor if you are eligible for a rebate.
Replacing your roof is a big decision, but it is important to remember that it is a necessary one. A new roof can add value to your home and protect you from the elements.
When replacing your roof, take the time to find a contractor that you can trust. You do not want to risk hiring someone who will do shoddy work or overcharge you for it.
A reputable roofer should be willing to provide you with references and may even allow you to look at their past projects if they are proud of their work.
Your roof is an important part of your home and it needs to be replaced at some point. With a new roof, you can save money on energy costs and increase the value of your property.
As a homeowner, you may be wondering if you should require your roofer to be insured and licensed. There are a few factors you should consider when making this decision.
The first factor you should consider is the licensing of the roofer. In order to become a licensed roofer, the individual must complete a training program and pass an examination. The training program will teach the roofer about the proper installation and repair of roofs. The examination will test the roofer’s knowledge of the material they will be working with.
The second factor you should consider is the insurance of the roofer. If something were to go wrong while the roofer was working on your home, their insurance would cover the damages. However, if the roofer was not insured, you would be responsible for the damages.
It is important to note that not all states require roofers to be licensed or insured. If you are unsure about your state’s requirements, you can contact your local licensing board or insurance company.
When deciding whether or not to require your roofer to be insured and licensed, you should consider the licensing and insurance of the roofer. If the roofer is licensed and insured, you can be assured that they have been trained in the proper installation and repair of roofs. However, if the roofer is not licensed or insured, you may be responsible for any damages that occur while they are working on your home.
It typically takes two to three days to install a new roof, depending on the size of the roof and the type of roofing material.